New turner from Illinois

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

2beast

Just wanted to say hello.

I have been a woodworker for years but I am new to turning.
I picked up a lathe (or 2) and am just learning to use them.

I turned my first pens this week and I think I am hooked.

Being in the nursery business, I have access to lots of different woods that could prove interesting as I learn to turn.

This site has really helped answer a lot of questions so far.

I am sure I will need more help as I go..............

Thanks,

Greg Salata

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rob73

Hmm Streator.. I've got a few friends that moved out to Ransom. Probably the smallest town I've ever seen. Nice people though, reminded me of mayberry. I believe Streator is the neighboring town.

ctubbs

Oh Greg, I am so sorry. I wish I could have gotten to you sooner, before you turned your first pen. I could have saved you so much money, but, to late now, you are hooked!
Sorry Greg, welcome to the most helpful site on the net. The people here will have an answer to almost any kind of question that comes up. Join in the fun and a big welcome form West Kentucky.
Charles

JohnU

Welcome Greg! It's great to see someone so close to me join in. There's lots of great people here with endless potential.

Rob73, if you think Ransom is small you should see Norway and Baker! Lol
"blink and miss it".

ctubbs

Welcome Greg! It's great to see someone so close to me join in. There's lots of great people here with endless potential.

"blink and miss it".
Or come to KY and view Coldwater, Backersburg, Possumtrot or Podunk. Yes, we have a real town named Podunk. It is on the KY/TN line in Graves County about 15 miles from here. Nowhere else like Kentucky!:):biggrin::biggrin::wink:
Charles

drGeek

Welcome
I live just outside Galesburg, IL. I've taught some classes at St Mary's Hospital in Streator, it's a nice town!!
I hope you are prepared to start "acquiring", cause this is a very addicting hobby. It sure is a lot of fun though.
jeff

2beast

Hmm Streator.. I've got a few friends that moved out to Ransom. Probably the smallest town I've ever seen. Nice people though, reminded me of mayberry. I believe Streator is the neighboring town.

Ransom is a neighboring community and you are correct...............it is small.

I have some very good friends that live in Ransom:)

2beast

"blink and miss it".

Thanks John,

You have done some amazing pens.
Maybe we could get together some time and you could give this novice some pointers:)

Greg

steeler fan1

Welcome Greg to the neighborhood, both figuratively and virtually, (I live in DeKalb). There seems to be a number of "joinee's" in this part of the country. Maybe we could all hookup for a brew and visit sometime? After the holidays perhaps?

Carl

Carrick

Welcome to one of the greatest ways to be creative. It's definitely a lot of fun (and frustration sometimes...)

BT

If those are small bumps in the road up in IL and KY...Then I'd like to see where Bucksnort, TN (close to where I grew up) ranks...It's small enough they didn't bother adding an on-ramp to the interstate...just an exit ramp...

Top Bottom