New from Texas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wburke

Hello all. New Turner here. Took one of my buddies to woodcraft for the pen class and we had a blast. I ended up buying the rikon midi lathe and some toys to go with it. We started out with 100 slimline kits for psi and 100 blanks a mix of walnut and cherry. Turned a couple so far and having a blast with it. I am also hoping to start turning my own duck calls and maybe a few small bowls.

Thanks all for the wealth of knowledge here.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MTViper

Welcome from west Texas, near Abilene. Which Woodcraft did you go to? "North Texas" covers a lot of territory.

flyitfast

Welcome to IAP from San Antonio, TX
I started with a class at Woodcraft and had a great instructor.
Have fun - when you get thru all those slimlines, it will be fun to move on to the other styles of single barrel and two piece larger pens.
I have learned to enjoy modifying the slimlines, making them into other shapes and barrel styles.
Gordon

Wburke

Thank you all for the welcomes. Here is the first pen I have made at home. Cherry wood with dr woodshop friction polish and carbua wax finish. I think it turned out alright.

Attachments

• 8F3585CD-FD06-43B6-9592-421DC2AF06CE.jpg
    8F3585CD-FD06-43B6-9592-421DC2AF06CE.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 106

Akula

Welcome from the chilly Gulf Coast (Clear Lake) LOL

One thing for sure, if you don't like the current weather in Texas, stick around a couple days, it will change.

Top Bottom