New from South Africa

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mitchm

Been a member for about two weeks and can't believe what I have been missing out on for so long! In South Africa 1 store stocks pen kits and they have a great range - 3 kits all 24kt and thats it, no mandrel, barrel trimmer etc! Hell I did not even know that a mandrel is required.

From searching the web and reading I learnt, well I thought I learnt untill joining IAP - a new world of pen turning has opened for me!
Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randyrls

Originally posted by mitchm

Been a member for about two weeks and can't believe what I have been missing out on for so long! In South Africa 1 store stocks pen kits and they have a great range - 3 kits all 24kt and thats it, no mandrel, barrel trimmer etc! Hell I did not even know that a mandrel is required.

From searching the web and reading I learnt, well I thought I learnt untill joining IAP - a new world of pen turning has opened for me!
Thanks

Welcome Mike; There is a wealth of information here...

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Howzit Mike, hoe gaan dit met jou?

How's Jo'burg these days? I lived in Alberton for about 12 years and Durb's for 15.
I'd love to go back if I could get a job.:(
Braaiuvlies, rugby, sunny skies and Chevrolet!!!!!!

Welkom na IAP.

PaulDoug

Welcome, South Africa has always been a dream of mine. Well my brother-in-law made it there, that's as close as I will come.:(

mitchm

Howzit Skiprat, dit is great om hier AFK te kan gesêls! I'm in Linmeyer, can hit a golfball into Alberton!:D
The braaivleis and rugby is always the best, the Chevy has unfortunately been stolen....hahaha

And a how-do-you-do from Idaho, too!!! Hey, I have a friend that is visiting South Africa, maybe you've seen him [8D] Just kidding, I know it's a rather large country. Anyway, welcome and enjoy. If you haven't been through the tutorials yet, there is an amazing amount on information there to be learnt (or is it learnded?)

carelg

Welkom van nog 'n Penturner hier in Suid Afrika. :D

We are a few turner here, but as you mentioned, not a lot of kits to choose from.

Will send you a PM with more info.

Carel

PS: Skiprat, i'm glad you still know some afrikaans. After so many years in Durbs and the UK its good to see that you still can speak (or write) some Afrikaans.

Howzit Boet!:) You're not the only Seuf Efrikan here! Look out for a post later today on a group buy of woods from SA. We are based in Howick (the last outpost of the British Empire) and we are looking at importing pen kits to supplement the pen blanks that we sell. Are you going to the AWSA Congress in 'Maritzburg in July?
Originally posted by mitchm

Thanks

tack

Welcome from Canada Mike,

I joined the forums early on in my pen turning addiction as well and I find it a great place to hang out and learn. Watch out for these people though, they are pen turning junkies!!

nightowl

Welcome aboard Mike. It never ceases to amaze me how far this internet will reach. There is just about everything here from A-Z. If you haven't already how about taking a look at he videos in the library. They are terrific.

Top Bottom