New to this site

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gruntster

Howdy folks.
I am new to this site, which is an incredible resource for information.
I turned for a couple years a couple years ago, stupid back issues made me stop, but losing a 100lbs has alleviated a lot of that issue, so I am back on the lathe, and so far am enjoying it more than I was before.
Not really sure where this trip is gonna take me, I am really interested in expanding beyond pens, yet I also want to explore some of the castings and more of the segmented stuff. Have to learn how to use that silly skew correctly too. I swear my skews have some manner of vendetta against me.
Anyways, my name is Dan, I live in rural Indiana, turn on a Jet Mini, and am basically self taught. I make plenty of mistakes, and seem to love sticking my fingers to the keyboard with CA whenever I come inside to look up that one tip I read.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toolcrazy

Hello, from Washington State.

Mistakes? We don't make any stinkin mistakes. They are all "Design Opportunities". Yea, that the ticket. [:D]

MarkHix

Howdy Dan! I renamed my skew several times a day until I got the hand of it. Check out the videos in the library. One of the ones on acrylics has some tips on how to use it right. It made all the difference for me.

wlk

Yo Dan,
Welcome back to the craft. I'm impressed that you lost 100lbs. Congrats! Write a book for the rest of us![:D][:D][:D]

Today (Christmas Eve) and tomorrow turn off the lathe and enjoy the celebration of God's keeping His Word in sending His one and only Son into the world to save us from the guilt of our sin. John 3:16

Wade Kuhlewind
Connellsville, PA

Acts 6:4 But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word.

Fred

Hello Dan. Welcome to the Forum.

The only thing I can ask of you right now is that you don't tell us where you 'lost' the weight. I, for one, have the ability to find it and put it where it don't belong.

Congratulations on the weight reduction ... I know it is a hard thing to do! [;)]

karlkuehn

Banned
Hi and a big welcome to you! This site has changed my whole aspect on turning, and after browsing and joining many of the forums out there, this one has become my second home. There's so much knowledge in the archives, it's just amazing, even for a seasoned vet!

I think the secret is that there's enough of us wackos out here posting crazy ideas and alternative methods (most of the time based on innovation due to lack of resources or tools) that you're bound to find something that you'd never have thought of even on a good (or bad) day! I know I have!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom