New Segmented Inlay Maker from Nixa, MO

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mrobertson

Hi, everyone! My father and I have been in the woodworking business for years, and we thought we would try out pens. We've been making pens for about a month now, and we have learned a lot. We are still looking to learn more, which is why we joined this forum. I've attached some pictures of the first segmented inlay pens we made. The barrels have 142 pieces, and the pattern was specifically designed to fit this pen kit. Each piece is measured down to the ten-thousandths of an inch, because if we don't it throws the pattern off as you stack them. The next pens we are working on will be more complicated and closed end fountain pens. These were more a proof of concept. I would love to find more people on here that do segmented turning in pens, and learn more about making the different pen parts ourselves. I've also uploaded a duck call that my father made in 2007 to show where we came from.

You can see our site here to learn more: Ozarkwoodworker.com
I post a lot on our Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/robertsonpens

Attachments

• DSC05807a.jpg
    DSC05807a.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 257
  • DSC05813.jpg
    DSC05813.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 220
  • DSC05781.jpg
    DSC05781.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 199
  • DSC05782.jpg
    DSC05782.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 192
  • nwtf20071.jpg
    nwtf20071.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 244
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tom T

Wow those sure are realy nice. Beautiful, beautiful. Thank you for sharing. There are some great segment turners on this sight. Segmenting always amazes me

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Welcome to IAP!

Your pens are stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Incredible artistry - Hope to see more of your work.

jttheclockman

Love the work. I am a huge fan of segmenting. I have been working on a diamond pattern for quite some time. At least I was before some medical issues came up and other life issues. You have inspired me to dig those back out and give a run at them again when I get back into the shop, hopefully real soon.

Forgot to mention WELCOME to the site and I do hope you do stick around and join in the fun here.

Last edited:

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome to IAP. Beautiful segments! I am going to drop in on you the next time I'm in Ozark visiting my daughter.

Will you and your father be at the Ozark Crafts Fair at the end of September? I will be there as a visitor, not doing displays or sales. Would love to see your work there!

OZturner

Welcome Matt, from Sydney Australia,
Beautiful Pens and Duck Call,
Love the Tribal nature of your Segmentation.
It's Spectacular.
Congratulations, look forward to your future Posts.
Brian.

mrobertson

Hank, we won't be at the Ozark Craft Fair. We just started making pens, and we don't really have much of an inventory to show. We will probably do some shows though in the future.

Thank you everyone on the comments about the pens. We really hope to impress you with our next set.

Top Bottom