New to pin turnign and an interduction

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Pen Joe

Hello, Pen Head hear, been wanting to do this for some time I guess with retirement getting close like any day they get me mad but I so to anger so who know what happen here shortly, had been looking at several place for the lathe and things needed but lucked out and on Craig list found a master crafter with about 40 pen kit and lot of eateries so I am hoping to learn from you experience people, I have metal lathes, this it just going to be different, so might be some dumb question, that need smarter answers, glad to be on boar, now to start looing at the well spring of wisdom that is hear, thanks, Joe

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Hello, Pen Head hear, been wanting to do this for some time I guess with retirement getting close like any day they get me mad but I so to anger so who know what happen here shortly, had been looking at several place for the lathe and things needed but lucked out and on Craig list found a master crafter with about 40 pen kit and lot of eateries so I am hoping to learn from you experience people, I have metal lathes, this it just going to be different, so might be some dumb question, that need smarter answers, glad to be on boar, now to start looing at the well spring of wisdom that is hear, thanks, Joe

Welcome Joe. Ask any questions and I suspect you will get too many answers!

I look forward to your quest!

Be well, Mark

magpens

Hi Joe !! . Welcome to IAP !!!

Keep your metal lathe(s) .... you can use them to make pens .... you might even find that easier than learning to use woodturning tools, at least to get you started. . I have been using nothing but a metal lathe since I started turning pens 8 years ago.

Top Bottom