New to pen turning from Tx.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bsshog40

Well I come here looking for help and this place seems to have a lot of it. I just bought me a Grizzly G0462 lathe. Haven't used one since high school. Did I say that was about 43 yrs ago? Lol Anyway, I've turned a couple things and they aren't that bad. I'm really interested in pen turning. I plan on doing my first one this wknd. I have all the tools I need, mandrell, rockler jig, pen disassembly/assembler tool, etc... I have already looked at some of the threads. I just ordered some WTF but this first one I'm gonna try a CA finish. I watched some videos on this also and feel comfortable trying it. I have been a home wood worker for years and can be a perfectionist at times so I'm really gonna take my time on this. I really love my lathe even though it took me a few weeks to decide to buy one not knowing if I would really use it or not. Lol The forum seems to have some really great info. I do wish they had software to upload straight to the thread though as I don't use third party photo sites. Anyway, wish me luck!

Bobby

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cdwrrtx

Welcome to IAP from Round Rock, TX.

Use the attachment function (paper clip) not the picture function to upload pictures.
Or you can upload them to an album here and then use the My Photos below the Smilies on the right.

MDWine

Welcome aboard.
There is no place like this place near this place... this MUST be THE place!
The key here is to participate! Ask questions when you have'm, answer questions when you can, and make friends!

You can upload pictures into your user gallery, and link them to your posts in the forum. (I can't see many of the picture sites from work, so I really like this option!)

Have Fun! ... we love pictures!!

Top Bottom