New to Pen turning

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JayOh

Joined about a year ago, before I could do much nearly destroyed my shoulder so had to get surgery, rehab, and get all that behind me.

Have since retired, wife decided I needed to remodel two bathrooms, I should have known. They both came out pretty nice actually.

Finally got to muddle my way through my first pen after watching a bunch of videos on YouTube. Now I am hooked, really enjoyed that first project but winter set in before I got to do anything else. Now spring right around the corner, can't wait to get out in the garage and make a few more. Reviewing information here to see what I can do differently than just a simple Walnut Pen. As soon as I figure out how to post a pic I will get it on here.

Background...Retired Military, 24 years USAF. Retired second time after 20 years with a school district in Maintenance division. Now just a PawPaw with 5 GrandPuppies, that is more than enough for me.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Super Dave

Welcome Dale , sometimes life gets in the way , it happens to all of us. Thank You for you service . This is a great place to learn, check out the library . Don't be afraid to ask questions, that's what we are here for. Enjoy ...

Dave

magpens

Hi Dale, and welcome to IAP !!

Thank you for your service in keeping our continent safe and the world safer !!!

Welcome aboard Dale. Sounds like you and I had the same kind of retirement experience. I retired 4 year ago and have been kept very busy building a home in Montana. Winters are brutal but I still find time to do some of my hobby work. So hang in there, like I told my wife, this house (it's actually a cabin) better be done next year. Not sure what I'll do if next year it's not done but the threat still hangs out there. Enjoy your pen turning. Tom

Top Bottom