New to pen turning

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MJLB

Hi my Name is Matt and I am new to pen turning and I am looking forward to being able to develope my skills to create some beautiful pens in the future. I hope to obtain information, and helpful hints to be able to improve my abilities from pen turning professionals.:)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Welcome Matt!!

Keep your eyes on the "Wisconsin chapter" threads!! Join us for our next meeting!! We meet at the WoodCraft Store on Greenfield. No cost to join us!!!

Autonoz

Word of advice Matt. I am new as well and am in no place to give advice, but hear me out on this. I bought a wood lathe and the little things to turn some pens. My mistake was reading this forum and looking at other more experienced individuals work. I am one of those guys who believes if someone else can do it, so can I. I looked at customs and kits. Now after less than a year I have a metal lathe, pressure pot, vacuum chamber, anodizing equipment, all the casting supplies including homemade and purchased molds. I even killed a rattlesnake, but it was in a picnic area where kids play. This stuff is addicting and I have ruined a lot of materials learning. It becomes expensive fast if you let it, I did. Have fun. Oh and next on the list is a mill, I don't even know why yet.

Last edited:

ironman123

Welcome to the forum Matt, frtom Central Texas.

Take your time and learn the skills before you spend a bunch of money first.

There are lots of things to learn on this journey and most people here as well as the Library can help you when you need it.

Enjoy.

Ray

Hi Matt.Glade you're here.I haven't been registered very long.But I have been here quiet a while.These folks eagerly Teach and share ideas and keep me laughing with their great hummer.I' m sure you will enjoy it as much as I do.When you catch up on the new postings,and have a little extra time,go to the forms in the top long bar and click on forums.Click on you're special interest of the moment in the middle column.I promise you can have a ball.
Charles J

Lenny

Top Bottom