New from Mo

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

L1Truckie

Just a quick hi to everyone and a big thanks to my good friend Bear_Knuckle_Turner for leading me here. I am the the musician in my family and my Grandfather was the woodworker. After losing him last year I have yearned for those days as a kid spending time with him in his woodshop. So this newfound hobby is a sort of tribute to him. I remember him showing me how to use a large pedal lathe (?) You know, the ones from the late 1800's early 1900's that you had to pump your foot up and down? And the large metal wheels that spun round and round? The ones kids probably should not have used? :biggrin: Also carving wood bowles and spoon with him. Those were the times. Although I know he's not here to show me more he will be with me everytime Im in my garage attempting to make a pen instead on kindling :) I now just await for my lathe and supplies to get here so I can get started!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hughbie

Levi, let me be one of the first to welcome you to your new home and money pit....
i'm just down the road a bit...in Springfield....there are several from this area and we're looking forward to meeting you sometime......again........welcome!

L1Truckie

Thank you all for the quick and warm replies. It feels nice to be welcomed! I took some advice on a thread I read and went to see a buddy of mine who owns a cabinet shop. He gave a bounty of Alder, Mahogony, Cherry and Walnut "scrap". I cant wait to get started! Thanks again!

Rifleman....I sneak down to Bull Shoals Dam a couple times a year with my boat. That way I can have fun with the hillbillies instead of the yuppies at Lake Ozark.

MikeInMo

Hi Levi. I was just in Rolla yesterday visiting family for Thanksgiving. I am also a UMR grad (...not that school with the "other" name). Hope to meet you sometime.

...on an unrelated note. I need to figure out how to add the SW MO logo to my signature.

Top Bottom