New Member: Wounded Warrior from AL

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Austinj

After I was wounded in Iraq last year I have since found out that physically and mentally I will probably be retired from both my military career of almost 18 years and my civilian job when I'm released from active duty so I have been very interested in turning pens as a hobby. I have been researching it for a while now and yesterday I actually talked to a firefighter who turns pens. He gave me a list of basics and where I could get the best prices, his personal number in case I needed some advice and offered free lessons at home or at the craft shop, so here I am. Getting started with a new life and new hobby. I'm sure I will have plenty of questions and I'm always open to GOOD advice.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Jason - First, thank you for your sacrifice. I'm sorry that you have paid such a significant price for pursuing your career, but know that we appreciate your willingness to serve in order to preserve our liberties. Second, Welcome. I hope you find our little gathering spot comfortable and informative.

great12b4ever

Welcome to this forum, and thank you for your dedicated service and sacrifice made to preserve our libirties and freedom. It is much appreciated. Bring on the questions. Someone here will either answer them, or steer you in the right direction to get the answers. :D

I can't say it better than anyone else but, thank you for your sacrifices that you have endured to make this country a better place. Its one of my biggest regrets in life is not serving in the military.

Welcom to the forum and the addiction. Were here to help.

woodworker

Welcome from South Florida!
18 years was a lot of time, and like the others, I appreciate it. I only spent 2 years, so I have no idea what you went through. If you're handy with your hands you should enjoy pen turning. It is physically possible to do everything in a seated position. This is a great place to learn as you go along. Good luck!

igran7

Welcome aboard Jason, from a fellow Vet of 8 years. I currently have a son and a nephew serving in Iraq. Thank you for all you have sacraficed to secure our freedom. This is a great place to learn and heal.

PaulDoug

Welcome Jasson and as the other have said Thank you for your service. You diffently came to the right place for help, advice and friendship. I'm a new guy too so I won't be doing much helping, but I sure get a lot here.

Ligget

Welcome Jason, I too turn for therapy, I broke my back and wedged 3 vertibrae at work in 2001.[xx(]

Turning is excellent, producing great pens makes you feel not so useless anymore![^]:D

RonInSpringTX

Welcome Jason!!! And thank you so much for your service & patriotism over there!! We hope your injury wasn't too serious?? Anyway, we hope you're doing well & would love to see your work after you get started!!!

Ronnie in Spring,TX

mick

Jason, welcome from a fellow Alabamian! Thanks you for all you've done and given for our country! My wife and I split time between Birmingham and Decatur, so most weekends we're just down the road from you. You've chosen a great addiction and as I'm sure you have seen here there's no limit to what can be accomplished!I'd be more than glad answer any questions you have, as would anyone on here. This is a great bunch and make dang fantasatic pens too!

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Jason, welcome to the addiction, and Thank You for your service to our country.

Some of us Georgia folk, are known to cross the border for Que, or to help out fellow turners! Good luck, and let us know what you need.

Fred

Welcome to the Forum. Thank You for your great dedication and service to the Country. You and others like you are what make this Country so great. I salute you for your time in uniform and am glad that you are home again. :)

sparhawk

Jason, thanks for your service and welcome from a fellow alabamian(Mobile). You will find out everything you want to know(and more[}:)]) on this site . good luck with the addiction.:D

Top Bottom