New member from W. MA.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

crunch

Hi all, I've just joined and it looks like a great site so far.
I've been a wood worker for 30 years, always loved the lathe. I've been turning pens for about 5 years now, off and on, and I love it. I THOUGHT I was doing pretty good until I saw some of the masterpieces showcased here. Some of the works I've seen pictured are just breathtaking. Makes everyone want to strive for perfection eh?, lol.
I just bought a new 18" Turncrafter Commander, 12" cap., VS, 1hp. A very nice machine. So... I'm making sawdust again. YAY! Well I don't have a shop so it's sitting on the kitchen table... flavor enhancers , you know? "That's not red pepper, that's Paduak!"
The forum list is just out of this world. It'll take me a couple of months just to browse all I want to see. And I'll have questions, a LOT of them. I pour my own acrylics, bought some exotics, and am basically a happy camper.
I look forward to reading, and helping people if I can here. If there are any turners in Berkshire County please don't hesitate to send a message.
I'm glad I found this site.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

Lathe in the kitchen? Great for peeling potatoes, carrots, cucumbers, apples. This would be a great selling point to justify the expense.

crunch

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. 60 pen kits arriving today!!!! Oh my, Imma be a lil busy. I'm psyched.

Top Bottom