New member from Texas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tateb24

Greetings,
My name is Taylor and I live in Houston,TX. I have been making pens since 2000. I just didn't know there was a pen making forum on the web. I have gotten away from turning pens up until about a month ago. I enjoy pens making, I have quite a few other hobbies including fishing, shooting, guitar playing, and woodworking. Thanks for a great forum, I will definately be looking into some of the more interesting pen materials. I haven't seen anything like the cactus blanks, and snake pen blanks. Very interesting. Well hope to see everyone around.

Taylor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Welcome Taylor, from Wichita Falls. We have a great forum here with lots of information filed away in the library and also in the posts of the various fouirms.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Greetings,
My name is Taylor and I live in Houston,TX. I have been making pens sinceh 2000.
Taylor

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Taylor,
Welcome from Pearland. Where about Houston are you located?
Keep any eye open for the next Houston Area chapter meeting which should be sometime in December.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Taylor! When you get some time, post some pictures of your work!

I am posting links to two threads/articles that might be helpful. The first one is a PDF file that is a very basic overview of the many aspects of getting into turning pens. You know most or all of it already but it might make for some reading or discussion - at least.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

The second link has postings by different pen turners and what they wish they had known earlier:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46654

Join in the fun here and help out too!

Top Bottom