New member from Tahlequah, OK

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Buddy Stacy

Tahlequah, OK... capital city of the Cherokee Nation Native American Tribe.

Hi, my name is Buddy Stacy. I have been woodworking for most of my 46+ years on this Earth. For as long as have been able to swing a hammer I have been trying to make something usable from raw wood materials.

I found turning in high school and feel in love immediately, but with no lathe at home I was not able to continue.

Got my first lathe about 15 years ago. Made a baseball bat for my son, several candle sticks and votive holders, bowls, etc. The usual fare. I was always interested in the pens, and even had a fellow woodworking friend of mine try to get me started by sending me a PSI instructional video on CD, but I always saw it as too expensive to get started in.

Finally, last Father's Day, when my wife asked what I wanted, I did not hesitate. I told her I wanted a starter kit for pen making. I have made at least 1 pen almost every day since then. I am having a blast and have been able to start a modest side business from it. It's therapeutic and encompasses everything I love about woodworking. Taking a gnarly, ugly, raw piece of wood and making something beautiful and useful from it.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Top Bottom