New member from Raleigh, NC

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MDEdwards

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen
I started turning pens last summer to give as thank you gifts to my patients(wounded soldiers and marines) while living at a hotel near Washington D.C. The manager allowed me to set up in the parking lot. Aeromedical Evacuation nurses and medical technicians would present the pens to wounded individuals while being transported. My co-workers enjoyed this very personal way of saying thanks.
Inspiration came from a gild of woodworkers from Alexandria VA. They were carving walking canes to present at Walter Reed and Bethesda military hospitals.
I'll attempt to attach a picture here.

Attachments

• 9 Sep 08 129.jpg
    9 Sep 08 129.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 119
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MDEdwards

Thank you for the salutations and greetings. Rick, my family lived near Pilot mountain, (between Walnut Cove and Danberry) about twenty five years ago.
I'm interested in learning Celtic knots and inlay techniques.
Michael

MDEdwards

Wow,
I just went to 'Sylvanite's web site. I am going to make an order! The cartridges are something that will be great gifts for my military friends at Christmas. Also as a sailor, a nautical theme is a goal of my pen turning.

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Welcome Michael!
Good to have you here. And thats a fine selection of writing instruments you have there!

Top Bottom