New member from Potomac, MD.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

penmaker56

Hello everyone. My name is Richard Greenwald, aka penmaker56, I just wanted to introduce myself to this group that I have just joined. A little bit about myself, I have been making pens from kits since the mid 90's, have been a member of the yahoo group for a few years, have authored the article on casting PR that was just posted on this site a few days ago and has been on the yahoo site for the past year, and am the subject of an article in the Feb/Mar '08 issue of Stylus Magazine about the pens that I make and sell in some pen shops around the Washington, DC area. I currently have 3 wood lathes, 1 machinist lathe, and a milling machine in my shop, along with a complete goldsmith and lapidary benches, with a photo studio in the next room over. The last group of pens that I made for sale, and the subject of the Stylus article, was not from a kit, but totally designed and engineered by myself, and I am now getting away from the kit pens. I might be proficient in the shop, but my computer skills are almost non-existent. Besides penmaking, goldsmithing, and photography, my other hobbies are pen collecting and billiards. My email address is penmaker56@yahoo.com .
Again, hello to everyone,
Richard

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Welcome, Richard. Every IAP member finds a way to share something of use to the other members, so, if you wouldn't mind sharing a little about how you make your fittings, that would be a reasonable contribution to our little group. :) Perhaps a weekly article or something along those lines. :D:D I'm ready to learn.

jhs494

Welcome Richard! Glad you joined us. I can't wait to see some of your work. It sounds like you have quite a bit of experience and there is always many of us that can learn from members with your experience. Thank you for joining and I look forward to learning from you.

penmaker56

Thank you all for your warm welcome. If any of you would like to see pictures of my last series of pens, they are posted at:
http://community.webshots.com/user/penmaker
Unfortunately, I have only taken pictures of this last pen series, and not of anything that I have done in the past years. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at:
penmaker56@yahoo.com.

Again, thank you for the warm welcome.
Richard

Top Bottom