New Member from PA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Codesman

I have found this site very usefull. I have been a woodworker for over 25 years and have done some turning. My 14 year old son was interested in turning pens so we purchased a jet mini lathe and equipment for my existing lathe. We have turned around 50 pens already and we both enjoy it. We plan on selling to friends and at several craft shows in the area. I am also an Assistant Chief for our local fire company. My son is also a Jr. Firefighter. Pen turning is a great stress reliever & addiction

Shawn & Joshua Forrest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

fernhills

Hi, i am from Pa as well,i am from the Lehigh Valley Area..But i am in your Pa area quite a bit,we have a getaway cabin off of Old Possesion Rd in Ward Twp.We love it up there.I wanna move there but my wife says nah! heck she can write me:)Welcome to forum

karlkuehn

Banned
Welcome guys! My son is 15, and has turned a few pens with me, too. And a couple of chess sets and some spinning tops. It's nice to find something that you both enjoy doing that doesn't involve sitting in front of the TV vegging out or hammering on the buttons of a controller. :)

Aderhammer

Karl, you never mentioned you had a son, i'm turning 15 in a month, i find this alot more fun then vegging out on the couch or computer chair. Ironic thing is my dad used to turn when he was about my age and used to spend all his free time out in the shop also. Lancaster isn't that far away, hmm maybe we should meet sometime (gotta find some time though)

IPD_Mrs

That is so great when you can find a hobby that you and your son can enjoy together. Those time stay with you forever.

Welcome to IAP, both of you.

Mike & Linda

Ligget

Welcome to both of you to the IAP, I was a fully retained firefighter at our local fire station for 13 years, my pager/beeper used to go off night and day approx 500 to 550 times a year. Although it was a retained station it was quite busy, I loved it.[^]

Codesman

Thanks for the great comments.

Carl, I am very familair with Old Possesions Road. I Josh and I hunt on my father in laws farm which borders Ward Township.

Cav, Mansfield is 50 miles due north. I am in Williamsport several times a month.

Josh and I will try to post some photos soon.
He is getting very good with corian. I still like the Burls and antler.

Top Bottom