New member from MA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Weatherbee

hey guys,

just wanted to say hey and introduce myself. my name is Lenny and my woodworking brand is Weatherbee Woodworks. Im new to pen turning as of a few months ago but I've really taken to it and seen great results. Im originally a master luthier but decided i wanted t try pens for some odd reason haha. heres a few examples of what I've done so far. Any tips, tricks, or recommendations are greatly appreciated! thank you!!

p.s. I've realized i hate click pens so much after having a few mechanisms get stuck a couple weeks into its life as a pen. smh.

Attachments

• birdseye roads.jpg
    birdseye roads.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 101
  • coco click.jpg
    coco click.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 91
  • burl tulip.jpg
    burl tulip.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 104
  • birdseye cigar.jpg
    birdseye cigar.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 85
  • coco cig.jpg
    coco cig.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 91
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toddlajoie

Welcome from the other end of the state (Western....)

Pens look great, If you're up for a drive, we're putting together a local chapter meeting in West Springfield (right near the Big E if you are familiar with that at all) near the beginning of March... Probably about 1 1/2 hour drive depending on where in Boston you are...

Weatherbee

Welcome from the other end of the state (Western....)

Pens look great, If you're up for a drive, we're putting together a local chapter meeting in West Springfield (right near the Big E if you are familiar with that at all) near the beginning of March... Probably about 1 1/2 hour drive depending on where in Boston you are...

I would definitely be down to do that! what date is it? and are there any meetings or "clubs" near the foxboro, ma area? I'm also close to rhode island where i am if that helps

Weatherbee

Lenny, Welcome from Virginia!
Looks like your luthier background is already giving you a jump start
on pen turning!

thank you sir! i want to be able to be proficient in as many studies of woodworking as i can and be able to while my hands only hurt half the time! haha

magpens

Welcome, Lenny !! I admire your work ! But don't knock *all* of the click pens .... the Sierra click is one of my favorite kits. Don't particularly like the Longwood clicker though and I haven't tried any of the PSI clickers.

Weatherbee

Welcome, Lenny !! I admire your work ! But don't knock *all* of the click pens .... the Sierra click is one of my favorite kits. Don't particularly like the Longwood clicker though and I haven't tried any of the PSI clickers.

thank you kindly!!! i will have to try some sierra's for sure next time with an order. i love the idea of the click pen it just seems that id be better off taking a pilot g2 for 2$ than a custom click. the psi clickers are nice when they work but when they don't, its a nightmare getting it apart and fixing it

wob50

Welcome those are very nice one side note has it stopped snowing yet .last I seen on weather channel you guys going for a record snow fall this year . Stay warm and keep turning some great pens

Weatherbee

Welcome those are very nice one side note has it stopped snowing yet .last I seen on weather channel you guys going for a record snow fall this year . Stay warm and keep turning some great pens

Just got in from snow blowing and I'm done with this snow for the season already!!

thanks a lot!

Weatherbee

Thank for all the kind responses everyone, its very appreciated!!

AND TO MY FELLOW NEW ENGLANDERS-- CONGRATS!!!! SUPER BOWL 49 CHAMPS!!!!!!!!

Weatherbee

hey guys heres a couple more I've finished up recently. the celtic pen has definitely been my finest work and love how it came out. almost couldn't give it to my customer haha.

Attachments

• walnut cigar oil.jpg
    walnut cigar oil.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 41
  • ebony polaris.jpg
    ebony polaris.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 43
  • celtic pen.jpg
    celtic pen.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 41
Top Bottom