New Member From Connecticut

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

papahay

Hi,
I just joined today and am excited to meet new turning friends! I began turning about 4 months ago after an absence of over 50 years (I last turned in 8th grade). For years I've wanted to get back to turning and I finally broke down and bought an inexpensive lathe. One month later I a beautiful, full size lathe in a Rockler sweepstakes. Needless to say, I've been turning to my hearts content ever since.

I thought that the best way to get started would be pens. They looked simple enough. ha! I've branched out a little to bowls and candle sticks, but most of my enjoyment comes from pens.

It would be great to hear from anyone in the area. I'd love to compare notes.

Papa Hay

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rej19

Welcome, I have found pen turning is sort of like printer ink. They give you the printer to buy the ink. In your case you got the lathe and now............. have fun!

M

Mudder

Welcome!

We're having an IAP chapter meeting this Sunday at the Woodcraft in West Springfield Ma. If you want to attend shoot me a PM and I'll give you the specifics.

EmersonMA

Welcome aboard Papa Hay. I find the art and skillmanship of pen turning to be one of the most relaxing and rewarding hobbies. Ok, well I really haven't had that many hobbies, but if I did... I was using a pre-Sears and Roebucks lathe that I believe is dated between 1939 and 1944. It was tucked away in a my In-Laws junk pile. All the pieces were there so I cleaned it up, a fresh coat of paint and baught a motor for it. It worked great! But I too bought an Excallibur lathe from Rocklers. I still have the old one though. Have fun!

Top Bottom