New Member from Buena Park, Ca

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bgarms755

Just wanted to say hello. Just joined last night. I am a Proud Disabled Navy Veteran from the Vietnam era. X-Navy deep sea diver and part time combat rescue swimmer. Got out and opened my own Security company installing high end security systems, Vaults & Vault Doors for both banks and DOD, Secret Service,DEA, and Arms Vaults on military installations. Had my 6th heart attack in 2008 and had to retire. VA diagnosed with PTSD and gave me a year to live because of stage 3 congestive heart failure. Told me to find a hobby to keep my mind off the inevitable so I chose wood working and fell in love with it. And here I am.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Welcome from Texas, Bradley & thanks for your service.

My dad survived for about 10 years with advanced congestive heart failure & while it was the main cause of his eventual death, at age 90, he had a number of other contributing issues as well. Staying active & working at something relaxing & enjoyable is great therapy.

jsolie

Welcome from down the road a little bit. I had an uncle that was a disabled Vietnam vet. When I was a kid, he gave me one of his USMC caps. I still have it.

Isn't there a Woodcraft over on Beach? I'd be in the poorhouse if I was close to such an enabling store. :biggrin:

Welcome from down the street in Garden Grove. Unfortunately the Woodcraft is no longer on Beach (which was a mere 1 mile away from me). They did, however, relocate to the 405 and Euclid by the Frys. Don't forget Rockler also...off the 55 right before you hit the 91.

bgarms755

Thank you

I would like to say thanks for the very warm welcome from all of you. I truely believe that wood turning is why I am still alive and one of my VA doctors thinks so too. It is a great way for me to not dwell on the inevitable.

But again thanks for the warm welcome and yes I am partially blind from reading articles on here already. There is a ton of information on this site.

I can't remember who said they grew up by Knotts but I live 2 blocks from the overflow parking lot and on bad days I will drive my electric wheel chair down there and sit under the big shade trees and watch the people on the rides.

To all of you "Keep Turning" we will hopefully talk again soon.

Brad X-Navy Deep Sea Diver & Combat Rescue Swimmer

Top Bottom