New member from Australia

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TurnaPen

Greetings to all, I am new to this site, (have started posting in "Show off your Pens") I am from Ferntree Gully, Melbourne, Victoria-Australia, or simply put "Down Under", just across the big lake!:), I first came to this site via the Woodwork Forum in Australia, we had an international pen swap and lucky me, I was given Glenn McCullough-"oobak", he made a beautiful Retro Pen for me( see"Show off Your Pens"-Australian Pen Swap. he asked if it was ok to show the one I made here and I said yes, then followed the link, joined up and here i am:D
Hope I can be a blessing to you all as youare to me. Amos:)[:p]:)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MichaelS

I have been lurking in the form for a couple of days so I suppose I should intro myself. I am from Maryland 50 miles West of Baltimore. Have been turning pens for some 5 years now but never gone on line to discuss it. Instead of taking up space here if you would like more info take a gander at my profile. I hope that some of the nastiness I have read here is just people having a bad day. If they are not I am incline to not stay around long. I would say, there is a great deal of good info in general.

karlkuehn

Banned
AMOS! My friend, you are a sight for sore eyes! I was wondering when you'd give up the outback and join us 'Jet'-setters! hehe

Welcome, bud!

Listen, I've set up a deal with Sam for some of this box elder that y'all wanted so bad down there. From the entire tree, I've been setting aside all the nice flamey stuff without wormholes that'll make it through customs to you. So far, I've got a whopping three blanks. I hope you guys can find enough buyers for all the wood. Gah. :(

Hopefully the sister tree will offer more good stuff when I cut it down. It's leaning precariously towards the house. It needs to come down soon.

Hey, I just noticed *points up* that BigShed showed up, too, although I fear that folks around here will mistake his name and deduce that he's sorta challenged in the whole 'keep your hair' til you die arena. hehe

Welcome guys! Missed you all a bit over there, but I had to pick a base to work from, and IAP seemed a little closer to home, you know? :)

simomatra

I missed this one as I was away from the computer for 2 weeks.

Welcome Amos you will like it here lots to learn

Good to see that the blanks are growing Karl looks as if I will have to put them in my will:)

Top Bottom