Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

nevzat

Hello all.....I am Nevzat and from Turkey.I have a Jet Mini Lathe that I pick up a couple of years ago .I turned some small items for decoration. My woodworking and turning is a hoby and I want to devolop my skills with turning. So I interested in pen turning. But I did not find anything about pen making in Turkey. Now I am here, all ways in net brought me here. I am sure in the right place. I think I 'II be the first pen maker in Turkey . Turning is not populer in Turkey yet. Who knows perhaps Pen making can a good start to introduce for woodturning in my country. I believe that at least a good start. By the way I am sorry for my English. I thank you all .:)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenPal

Nevzat,

I know a bit about Turkey one of my daughters is married to a Turk from Istanbul, they maintain their home there in FENERYOLU through Onders Dad who lives over the Bosphorous opposite and in view of the Blue Mosque. Our daughter will visit here in Canberra July for five weeks while the men are in Istanbul they have no hobby interest in woodworking and I found during my visits very few Turks do as you have said.

However you are fortunate if you check the IAP suppliers of timber an excellent source of Turkish Walnut exists out of Istanbul I have seen and used it through a friend of mine.

Send me a pm with your home E Mail address and I will correspond with you.

Welcome and kind regards Peter.

ctubbs

Welcome Nevzat, from far west Kentucky, USA, to the addiction, sometimes referred to as the vortex. Be sure to give the library a good bit of time. The link is at the top of the page. You will find an article called Library Index. This covers tutorials on about anything pen making you can think of. You will also notice that there are articles listed by year. Much good info there as well. When these fail to answer your questions, by all means post it here. I have never seen one go unanswered very long. You might also want to give this thread a good look. It has some very good info for the beginning pen turner; http://content.penturners.org/librar...en_turning.pdf. Grab some wood, make some shavings and have fun all the while being safe.
Have a look at the series of videos ed4copies has just posted showing how to complete a pen from drill to finish.
Nevzat, do not worry about your English, many of us here do not do all that well with it either.

Charles

glen r

Nevzat, welcome from Alberta, Canada. Your English is just fine and I hope that you will find all the information that you need to get you started in making pens. Its a great hobby and don't hesitate to ask any questions as there is always someone who can answer, enjoy.

Glen

Pompeyite

Welcome Nevzat, from sunny Southsea in the UK.
This is the right place for you to expand your knowledge of both penmaking and English.
I have sent a number of my pens to Turkey, the business men there like the Sierra pens the most. Happy turning mate.

Last edited:
Top Bottom