Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Grinstain

529 Grass Valley St Simi Valley, Ca. 93065
Hi, I am a new member as of earlier in June. I have been turning bowls for many years but recently turned by first pen. I am now hooked and turning pens all the time. This is a great resource and look forward to learning from all of you. I am very interested in the casting process. Any ideas for getting started.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Welcome!
An excellent place to start would be to read the articles in the library on casting. We have several excellent ones and there is even one on the homepage. Good luck...it's far from rocket science and the learning curve is not too steep. Also, read the archived posts on the casting and stabilization forum. We have lots of info(for casting pen blanks) that wasn't available to those of us who started casting several years back.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by Grinstain

Hi, I am a new member as of earlier in June. I have been turning bowls for many years but recently turned by first pen. I am now hooked and turning pens all the time. This is a great resource and look forward to learning from all of you. I am very interested in the casting process. Any ideas for getting started.

PenWorks

What is a bowl? :D Welcome to IAP :) Make sure you make plans to attend the LA Pen show next Feb. held in Manhattan Beach, it in your neighborhood.

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Hi Gerald! I'm sure you'll enjoy it here. So much to learn . . . so many things to turn. Looking forward to seeing your work.

I'm in Riverside, CA

Top Bottom