Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenBlank

Greetings

I am relatively new to this forum, and have posted once or twice briefly in the past. I am a general woodworker and do a little bit of turning, but admitedly not very much lately. I am interested in providing members here with opportunities to view and purchase wood blanks for small turnings such as pens, bottle stoppers, game calls. I set aside material that I think would be good for these types of purposes. I am fairly new at this and I hope to learn about how best to serve people's interests based on what they like/don't like or need/don't need.

Not all of my blanks are of the fanciest or most sought after wood types (though I hope that some folks will appreciate the intracacies that I see in certain pieces), but I do and will continue to peridically come across material (burls, crotchwood, curl, spalting, etc.) that I hope will peak interest. I will be posting some of my blanks in the classified section very soon, so I'd appreciate any feedback that folks might have to offer.

I hope to correspond with many of you in certain discussion forums to get to know each other better, and I also welcome any of you to view my postings in the classifieds and let me know what you think through one of the forum pages that is appropriate for this kind of dialogue (outside of the classifieds, which I understand and realize is not meant for any length of these types of discussions).

Very best regards,

Steve Timmermans
PenBlank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenBlank

Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome - this truly is an international site and forum. Look forward to getting to know each of you, as well as other members. Thanks again and best regards from Canada.

Steve

hilltopper46

Welcome from Wisconsin.

So what are you doing in your avatar, there. From here it looks like you are petting a skunk. Or are you measuring it for a pen blank?

My grandmothers maiden name was Timmermans (Mom's side). Came over from Friesland as a five-year-old in the late 1800s.

PenBlank

Avitar

Hello Tony

Actually, that's a picture of me petting a Snow Goose female sitting on her nest at a Snow Goose breeding colony in the sub-arctic region of James Bay. I did my Masters research on Snow Goose nesting ecology, and this was the only Snow Goose that would let me get any closer than about ten feet. This one was as calm as could be, and she let me measure and weigh her eggs, measure and weigh her, and even mark her goslings just as they were about to hatch. She never made a stir, so I 'befriended her and was able to sneak in this photo. ....that's the story behind the Avitar.

best,

Steve Timmermans

Top Bottom