Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

mackem

Hi,everyone i've just joined up to learn all about pen turning,
in fact "any" turning.I have a wood lathe and some basic(cheap)
turning chisels and that's about it,so i'll be reading everything i can and hopefully "turn" out some decent work.:)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

drayman

hi kevin, welcome to iap. its great to have another uk member here [;)] feel free to post questions, and have a good look around the site, regards colin, ps your in the best place.

Fred

Welcome, Kevin! We all are very sure that you will be able to learn an immense amount of information here, just like the rest of us have. Enjoy your hobby! [:D]

Pompeyite

Hi Kevin, and welcome from the sunny south of the UK.[8D]
Its great to have another new member from the uk.[:D]
You just missed our first UK get together this weekend, never mind we will have another one so keep in touch.
You will learn a lot from these forums, and the tutorials are second to none, be prepared to spend a lot of time looking and reading everything, and then be prepared to spend a LOOOOOOOOOOOT of money on kit.[:)][:D][;)] Happy tuning matey.

mackem

Thanks for the warm welcome all,it will take me a while to read all the past posts but i'll get there.[:)]
Hey Pompeyite,i was born in Pompey 51 yrs ago,but moved up here 50 yr ago.[:)].
Mmm mebbe i should be PompeyMackem.[:D]

DocRon

Welcome, Kevin. The only thing you wil find wrong with this forum is that there is so much good stuff on it you can spend all your time reading and never get time to make any pens![:(]

Pompeyite

[quoteMmm mebbe i should be PompeyMackem.[:D]
[/quote]
Sorry Kevin, you need to have been all your life in Pompey to be classed as a Pompyite, but you can be classed as a Pomponian as you were born here.[:D][:)][8D]
If you were only 1yr old when you left, you wont remember much about the place though.
Do you have any folks left here matey? Or as a fellow Pomponian I should say "do you have any family left here Moush".[}:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom