Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

R2

Greetings from the land of Oz!:DHoping to gain heaps from - and give to - this organization!Have already turned about 2-300 pens but am always on lookout for new ideas and techniques.Besides I will need something to keep my idle hands busy when I retire!

I've always loved timber! I love the surprises in the grain, the wonderful odours of some species and the lluscious feel of a beautifully crafted timber article.The more I expeience these sensations the more convinced I am that I must have been a tree in a previous life! [:p]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
If you have a brother named D2 I am going to worry about the Land of Oz. [:D][;)]

Welcome and I look forward to learning from you.

Brian, bromeliads are wonderfully diverse plants, varying from pineapples to Spanish moss. I think R2 has a collection of these interesting plants.

Fred

Welcome to the Forum Arthur. When you finally do retire, don't stand in moist soil areas to long since you believe you were once a tree ... you just might take root and grow into pen blanks! [:)]

fuzzydog

R2 aka: Russ
I spoke with your brothers and sisters about your family tree and they claim you weren't a branch but rather a nut that fell from the tree. Now that you belong to IAP it proves it. We're all nuts, but what fun we have. Welcome aboard and look forward to hearing about your turning experiences.
David

palmermethod

Welcome Arthur...

"Hobbies:woodwork,woodturning, travelling,collecting bromeliads.retaining useless information"

I've heard the term but what the heck is a Bromeliad?

R2

Bromeliads are are members of a large and diverse plant family.They are native to the tropical and subtropical areas of the Americas and Include Spanish Moss (sometimes referred to as "old man's Beard") and the pineapple. Some are collected for their foliage and others for the "flowers".The part commonly referred to as the flower is often extremely colourful and unusual in shape. The colourful part is actually a collection of modified leaves called bracts. Some flowers occur at the end of long stems that may be up to nearly 5-6 feet in length. The plant reproduces by means of seed or by throwing "pups" that mat be broken off the mother plant and planted separately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom