New from LA Lower Alabama

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jude307

I am new to pen turning. Been doing it for about 2 months now. My husband sister also are in to pen turning and fan pulls. We have a lathe, glue, Polish and the resin. We like to do wood and acrylic combined and sport colored pens. The Crimson and white, and blue and orange sell real good here in Alabama. I love turning get the wood pens and my sister like the acrylic pen turning. Thank goodness for the dust system as acrylic make a big mess. How do we post pics of our pens on here? I am new and have not done pic before.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

liljohn1368

Welcome from Mississippi, Judith. In the blue line just under the IAP logo. click on forums. click on show off your pens. then start new thread. When you get your thread put in. scroll down to additional options. click on manage attachments. Upload your pics and your done. hit submit thread. hope this helps...

magpens

Welcome to IAP, Judith !!!!

For posting pics, you have to go to the top of the page, click on Photos, and next click on Upload.

Your pictures should be no bigger that about 800x600 pixels (a little bigger is ok).

You have to have your pictures on your computer first (desktop is best location).

After you have clicked on Upload, you have to go to Select one, and choose Member Photo Albums (you have to be logged in with your user name).

Then click Continue.

Then click on Browse, and select your picture from the drop down list of what is on your Desktop.

Then type in a title for your picture, and a few words of description (I just retype the title as the description).

Then scroll to the bottom and click on Upload.

Looking forward to seeing your work.

Oh, after you have uploaded your pic, you will want to show it.

So go to Forums, and select Show Off Your Pens.

On the left you will see a little box to start a new thread.

Then you can type in a title for the thread and write a note about your pen.

Finally, with your cursor at the bottom of your note on a blank line (several blank lines below your note is better, I find)
You then go to the bottom right corner of the note window and click on Insert.

You will be presented with the picture images stored for YOUR MEMBER NAME and you can click on the one you want to show in your new posting.

After all that, you scroll down and click on Post or Submit ( which may be followed by a couple of words ).

Last edited:
Top Bottom