New Intro for the Site

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Carrick

Good Morning. Pat Tummins. Resident of Tennessee, currently living in Washington. Active Duty Chief in the US Navy. I started pen turning about 5 months ago. Found it to be a awesome hobby from the first pen I turned. So, I grabbed a Jet Mini-Lathe and a bunch of supplies and have been turning ever since. Currently underway. Brought my rig along for the ride. I've turned Slimlines, Euros, and Cigars so far. It been fun. Looking forward to getting any recommendations and tips that everyone has to offer.

Pat Tummins

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Welcome Chief from a former BMSN . Try a Corn Cob pen ! They're fun ! I made one . If you don't have any blanks I'd be happy to send you some . Shoot me an email with your address . I'd be interested in knowing what ship you're on & what cruise . I kinda miss the North Atlantic in January . Keep turning & thanks for serving our country ! USS Nantahala AO-60 1966-1969

Carrick

Thanks Everyone for the Warm Welcome. Right now I'm an ITC (Formerly known as Radioman (RM)). I'm onboard USS INGRAHAM stationed out of Everett, WA ('bout 25 north of Seattle). I'm originally from McLemoresville, TN. That's about half-way between Nashville and Memphis. I have a buddy onboard named John who has went in with me on this little adventure to pass the time (what little we have) underway. I have a couple of Corn cob blanks, just haven't done them yet.
Once I get some connectivity I'll post a couple of pictures of what I've done, so far. There's actually a few more people who do pen turning at sea. I know of four of us out here right now. I've passed on the website to the rest. Once again, thanks.

Pat Tummins
"Carrick"

louisbry

Welcome to the group, Pat. PM me your address and I will send you some pen blanks from your home state - good Tennnessee hardwoods like cherry, walnut, hickory, dogwood, apple, osage orange, red oak, spalted hackberry.

Hey Pat, Welcome to the group from another Tennessean.. by choice.. originally from Texas.. Former RM2, USS Finch DER328 out of Treasure Island.. 1962-1964
We were part of SAC/AEW group and once on station reported to Hamilton AFB.

Top Bottom