New to IAP from Newark NY

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SGCase

Hello from Newark New York. I am a fairly new turner. I started turning about 7 months ago. Not sure how long I need to turn before I don't consider myself a newbie. LOL The older I get, the more I realize how little I really know. Anyway, I retired a couple of years ago and back in the spring of this year a friend of mine from Georgia shared this hobby with me. I took the plunge, bought a lathe and started turning pens. I have had so much fun with them, I am having a hard time moving on to other things such as plates, bowls and vases, which was my original intent. I have just found that with the vast array of different kits, materials, and ways of doing this that I have yet to get bored with it. It is to a point that I think I am starting to get withdrawals if I don't turn a pen a day. Looking forward to learning a lot from anyone willing to share their expertise.

Thanks,
Stew

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimB

Welcome Stew! I am in the Rochester area. There is a great turning club here in Rochester, Finger Lakes Woodturners. We meet on the 3rd Thursday of the month so our next meeting is this Thursday! Maybe you would be interested in joining!?

Top Bottom