New to IAP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Terry Vance

My name is Terry and I am new to the IAP. I live in Georgia and have been turning about 4 years. Just started pens last year and I am having a blast. I have blanks but few kits. Started on slimline, but love doing the more upscale kits. My problem lies in which kits from other manufacturers are clones of PSI kits. Sierra/Gatsby etc. I am sure you understand the dilemma. Is there a list that can help me out? I would like to do some other things without having to buy a lot of new bushings. Seems like I have a small fortune in them already.
I look forward to using this forum. So, thanks for the add.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

Welcome from Alpharetta, GA. GA is a big state, but come on over and we will turn some together.

jttheclockman

Welcome Terry to the IAP. There are resellers of PSI but no clones. There are clones of certain kits such as the Sierras and cigar and many others. But these kits are made for whatever company requests them. As far as bushings the more you want to try all these kits the bigger the whole you dig but I will say this the bushings are not what is going to sink you so whenever you buy a new kit buy the bushings to go with them and avoid trying to mix and match. at some time you may switch to turning without bushings and then that expense goes away. learn as you go. As in another thread started here recently learn the vendors and do some past reading here. You can look at the jeer and cheer section to get some insight if you care to. good luck and have fun.

jsolie

Welcome from Southern California! If you have an iPhone, there's an app for that. Search for the "IAP Bushings & Tubes Reference." It's very helpful, and it helped me today sort out an issue I was having today with wondering what drill bit size I needed for a particular tube.

MDWine

Welcome aboard.
There is no place like this place near this place... this MUST be THE place!

The key here is to participate! Ask questions when you have'm, answer questions when you can, and make friends!

We have a great bunch of folks here, I'm sure you'll have a ball!

Terry Vance

Sorry, I am not THE Terry Vance. Just a turner/carver/woodworker from middle Georgia. Thanks for all the welcoming remarks. Looks like a great community of turners.

Top Bottom