New to IAP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Doc1157

Hello, just joined IAP, I started word turning in high school and found that I was really quite good at it. Now, 40 years later I have taken up the hobby again and find that I am absolutely terrible at it. The last pen I turned looked like it was mauled by a bear!! I hope to be an active member of IAP and I look forward to improving my skills with the expert guidance from the members of IAP. Also, I have just relocated to beautiful Northern California (100 miles north of San Francisco), can anyone tell me where there is a retail store where I can buy my woodturning supplies, I know I can buy them on-line but there is nothing better than rummaging around a box of blanks looking for that "special one"

Thanks

Bren

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jsolie

Welcome from down the road a ways! There is a treasure trove of information in the library, and the folks here are always wiling to help answer questions.

PR_Princess

Welcome back to the addiction Bren!!! I'm sure that you will find that turning is like riding a bike...won't be long before it all comes back to you!

I can't help you much with a local source, but there are several Northern California members here that I'm sure can help. There is also what we call a "local chapter" in the Northern California area (Where IAP members physically meet and talk pens and turning). I believe that they have a meeting coming up in August. If you are interested you can find out more about it here - http://www.penturners.org/forum/f77/

Last edited:

plano_harry

Welcome from Texas! There are weeks worth of reading in the library and the search tool is your best friend, but nothing beats watching the videos to get your skills back. There are a ton on youtube as well.

Top Bottom