New to IAP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MikeL

I've been a member for a few months just reading, learning, looking at photos. I am new to pen making old to woodworking. Won a free jet mini lathe several months ago and have been hooked ever since. That was one expensive free lathe! I have made 50 pens or so. Some good and some bad. However, I really enjoying turning and marvel at all the talent on this site. I am from East Tennessee, mike.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MikeL

I will try to post a picture when I figure it out and I guess I'm suppose to do it on another forum? I'm even a rookie to this forum stuff. I'm a rookie to most of the electronic world. I'll get it figured out soon. This site is filled with great "how to" information. Thanks

walshjp17

Look in the library. There is at least one discussion on how to post your photos and several on how to take better photos. The library should be high on your priority list when seeking info on your penturning addic ... er, hobby.

And welcome from North Carolina.

I will try to post a picture when I figure it out and I guess I'm suppose to do it on another forum? I'm even a rookie to this forum stuff. I'm a rookie to most of the electronic world. I'll get it figured out soon. This site is filled with great "how to" information. Thanks

It is funny when we purchase our equipment you never really think about the fact that it is the cheapest part of the hobby. I would probably cry if I ever figured out how much money I have spent on Hardware for pens. I just don't what to think about it. Welcome aboard.

jeff_in_AZ

Welcome from Arizona! I started turning pens
last December and made some pens for family
Christmas presents. One night my wife asked me
how much my pen gifts had cost to make.
I thought about it and totalled up the cost of
the lathe (used) and other things I had purchased
just for pen turning. It came to about $50 per
pen! Fortunately she thought that was hilarious.
Maybe it was the wine ... :biggrin:

jeff

MikeL

Thanks for the welcomes. I am hooked on turning and also spend quite a bit of time on this site reading, learning, and admiring folks works of art. Impressive talent out there!

BSea

Welcome from Little Rock.

Welcome from Arizona! I started turning pens
last December and made some pens for family
Christmas presents. One night my wife asked me
how much my pen gifts had cost to make.
I thought about it and totalled up the cost of
the lathe (used) and other things I had purchased
just for pen turning. It came to about $50 per
pen! Fortunately she thought that was hilarious.
Maybe it was the wine ... :biggrin:

jeff
I'll bet she wouldn't have thought it was so funny if she'd asked that question after your third pen.:eek:

Top Bottom