New guy from Western Mass

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hello! I'm new here. (Duh)
Y'all seem nice enough, I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Jackson. I picked up a harbor freight lathe on Craigslist a little less than 6 months ago and I'm hooked.
I haven't had any sort of formal training, just a bunch of YouTube videos and trial and error. I'm quite pleased with my progress so far, but I'm looking forward to learning from y'all.

I'm attempting to share a picture of my latest pen, hopefully it attaches properly. Also pictured is a crystal ball stand, turned from Chakte Viga if I remember correctly.

Attachments

• IMG_20151019_215407.jpg
    IMG_20151019_215407.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 120
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Welcome, Jackson !!! . Thanks for showing us some of your work already ! That is one unique pen !!

I see you are a machinist ... do you use a metal-working lathe to turn your pens ? I do !

Last edited:
Welcome, Jackson !!! . Thanks for showing us some of your work already ! That is one unique pen !!

I see you are a machinist ... do you use a metal-working lathe to turn your pens ? I do !

I don't right now. I would like to get one down the road, but for now I'm turning with a wood lathe. I do have access to a metal lathe at work, though, which is nice!

jttheclockman

Hello Jackson. Welcome from the state of NJ. You will have to show us more of your work. You teased us now.:) Post photos in the Show Off Your Pens forum so more people can get to enjoy them. I maybe talking to you in the future about that crystal ball stand thing. Looks interesting and my mind is always working. Take a look around and kick your feet up and get to know the lay of the land. Good group of people here. We share and learn together. It is a journey.

Real

Welcome neighbor. I'm from West Springfield.
Check out the Local Chapters forum, New England chapter. We are trying to set something up for a meeting.

Real Mercier

Top Bottom