New guy from TX

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TX_Planes

I have learned so much from the members of this forum. Thank you to all that take time to share your knowledge. You make this a comfortable place for new turners to ask questions. Also, thanks to IAP for hosting.

I am new to pen turning starting a few months ago. I have made about 4 slimlines, 4 cigars and about 6-7 Jrs from CSUA. I have turned for several years. Making a range of boxes, platters, HF and ornaments.

I have purchased from AZ Silhouettes and R and B Crafts. Both including bonus blanks! This forum is a great resource for finding quality suppliers and tips!

Glad to be here.
TX_Planes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
Just saw your pen. NICE looking! You are well on your way and ahead of the curve for sure. I suspect that your prior woodworking skills are just showing out with the pen!

Below is a link to PDF file that is a general overview of tools, methods, pens and options that might be helpful to you in making pens. It does not go into detail of the many aspects at all, but just gives a general overview and options.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

Verne

Welcome from Houston. What is you association with "planes"? ex pilot and controller here. Too old to do either any more.
Vern
Oh, a name to associate with Tx Planes would be nice.

its_virgil

Welcome from Wichita Falls. I looked at your profile...but found no name or location. How about sharing those two with us...at least a first name. If you don't want to...well, I understand.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

TX_Planes

Thanks to all for the warm welcome.

Sorry I am not a flyer. I however, love using hand tools. Thus the Lie-Nielsen #62 in my first pen photo. I do use a powered lathe....I am not crazy! I have a PM 3520B and love it.

I am the "Other Curtis" I am just outside of Austin.

Curtis...TX_Planes.

Rollerbob

Thanks to all for the warm welcome.

Sorry I am not a flyer. I however, love using hand tools. Thus the Lie-Nielsen #62 in my first pen photo. I do use a powered lathe....I am not crazy! I have a PM 3520B and love it.

I am the "Other Curtis" I am just outside of Austin.

Curtis...TX_Planes.
Never admitted we were the sharpest skew in the set!:smile-big:

Top Bottom