New guy from South Florida...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GBrackett

My first name is George. I retired from a city in Florida where I was the Director of Information Technology and Chief Information Officer. My passion for wood was developed as I started bladesmithing 3 years ago. At the Blade show this year I saw some daggers with turned handles. Next to them were some very elegant pens the bladesmith told me he had turn on his metal lathe. After reading up on the process I looked for a local group to join and learn from. Last month I joined the Gold Coast Woodturner's Guild. My first turned piece was a vase. I have ordered a couple of pen kits to learn with. I'm currently looking at a Rikon 75-100 as possibly my first lathe. While my primary activity will be obtaining my bladesmith's rating, my hobby is going to be turning pens and a few other small items.

With time I hope to be able to contribute to the group.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robertkulp

From someone originally from West Palm Beach, but is now an IT Director for a town in Middle Tennessee, "Howdy."

Welcome to a great hobby and to the IAP.

walshjp17

Welcome aboard, George. There are a lot of current and former ITers here. Glad to have you in our not-so-little group.

Last edited:

GBrackett

Thank you all for the warm welcomes. Had a small foot injury, minor surgery that will keep me in bed for a couple of weeks. Looking forward to turning. One of my pen kits arrived. This will give me time to search the forum for information.

Regards to all!

Top Bottom