New Guy in New Hampshire

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dtcjem

Hello All -

I am Dave and I am a long time pen addict but new to the idea of making them. My search for new pens brought me here. I have some experience turning many moons ago and I am now in with both feet researching lathes, tools, materials etc....a tad obsessive, but learning lots and I am excited about the possibilities. This site is loaded with great information.

I am in the southern part of NH (Salem) if there are others in the area. Just found and signed up for a pen turning class in December and can't wait.:biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stonepecker

Welcome from Minnesota.
Looking for others in your area? You just need to check the "members map" at the top of the page.
Click on it and find the local people. (I said LOCAL........not Loco)

Dtcjem

Wow. What a welcome! Thank you all. Looking at the member map now! Where have you all been hiding? Thanks again for sharing your passion and knowledge. My wife is just starting to learn why we NEED a lathe :)

duncsuss

I am in the southern part of NH (Salem) if there are others in the area. Just found and signed up for a pen turning class in December and can't wait.:biggrin:
Welcome!

If the class is at the Rockler in Salem, NH (or at the Woodcraft in Woburn, MA) that'll probably be taught by Ron Blais -- he's a member here. One of his pens took "best in show" at the Mid-Atlantic Penturners Gathering earlier this year (click HERE to see pix of the pen.)

Several of us on here are members of the Association of Revolutionary Turners -- a turning club that meets at the Woodcraft store in Woburn, MA, on the 3rd Thursday of each month. Website is HERE (next meeting is Nov 19, looks like the website is a month behind.)

Dtcjem

I had no idea there was a Rockler in Salem, NH. I will start looking there. THANK YOU.

The class I am taking is in Newmarket, NH at a place called Homestead Woorworking School, but I have to wait until December LOL.

Dave

Welcome!

If the class is at the Rockler in Salem, NH (or at the Woodcraft in Woburn, MA) that'll probably be taught by Ron Blais -- he's a member here. One of his pens took "best in show" at the Mid-Atlantic Penturners Gathering earlier this year (click HERE to see pix of the pen.)

Several of us on here are members of the Association of Revolutionary Turners -- a turning club that meets at the Woodcraft store in Woburn, MA, on the 3rd Thursday of each month. Website is HERE (next meeting is Nov 19, looks like the website is a month behind.)

duncsuss

I had no idea there was a Rockler in Salem, NH. I will start looking there. THANK YOU.
Rockler is on route 28, directly across from the Harbor Freight which used to be the pet superstore. It's in the back corner of a parking lot that runs 90 degrees to the street.

Sorry about the hit your bank account is going to take now you know where the toystore is located :biggrin:

Dtcjem

Your timing is perfect!

I just signed up for their Beginning Pen Turning Class with Ron for next weekend, the 21st.

Both feet in now! May leave the checkbook home for a little bit :)

Thanks Again.

duncsuss

Your timing is perfect!

I just signed up for their Beginning Pen Turning Class with Ron for next weekend, the 21st.

Thanks Again.

Now, if I can just get you to come to the A.R.T. meeting on 11/19, my work here will be done ... bwahahaha ... bwahahaha ... bwahahaha!!! :biggrin:

Dtcjem

Do tell.... A.R.T?

Your timing is perfect!

Thanks Again.

Now, if I can just get you to come to the A.R.T. meeting on 11/19, my work here will be done ... bwahahaha ... bwahahaha ... bwahahaha!!! :biggrin:

jxdubbs

Hello All -

I am Dave and I am a long time pen addict but new to the idea of making them. My search for new pens brought me here. I have some experience turning many moons ago and I am now in with both feet researching lathes, tools, materials etc....a tad obsessive, but learning lots and I am excited about the possibilities. This site is loaded with great information.

I am in the southern part of NH (Salem) if there are others in the area. Just found and signed up for a pen turning class in December and can't wait.[emoji3]
I know this is a older thread. I'm from Derry NH. Would like to know some fellow turners around my area.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Loucurr

Dave, I am no longer there but I lived in Salem for many years but moved in 2006. My cousins' husband is a member of ART.

Top Bottom