New Guy from KY

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Hi everyone, pretty new to the forum and pretty new to pen making. I've been making pool cues for about 6 years and thought I would venture into something new. I went to the local Woodcraft and they were showing people how to turn pens. I've been hooked since. Well I'll talk to yall later.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Ernie! Your pool cue experience will help considerably in making pens and get you up to speed instantly. There are a few differences but not too much more.

I am posting links to two threads/articles that have lots of information on pen turning. The first one is a very basic overview of the many aspects of getting into turning pens.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

The second link has postings by different pen turners and what they wish they had known earlier:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46654

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Thanks everyone. Well I was really going to try to start all this this weekend, But got to rok 12 straight days at work and won't have time Till around the 10th. I've turned a bunch of stuff but never really thought about pens until about a month ago. I have purchased some stuff from JohnnyCNC this past week. Should be here tomorrow. Thanks again Fella's

Rollerbob

Ernie, sorry I missed your post the first time, but welcome!! Lots o good stuff to learn around here. Oh, if you felt you just had to buy some things from some of these folks, can't think of a better guy to start with than John!!

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Welcome from sunny southern California, Ernie. Glad to have you join us here. And I hope you can hock up with a local chapter, too. Really makes a difference to meet some of these people face to face. Sounds like you've already got that going.

Top Bottom