New Guy Just sayin Hi

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

adirondak5

Hi everyone ,

New guy here from L.I. N.Y. , just gathering up some gear to get back into some turning . Years ago I did turn some turkey pot calls and such but kids and life got in the way . Now its just grand kids :) , so I've got a lathe on the way and some kits and am looking forward to turning some pens out . I have a decent small shop in the basement , bandsaw , jointer , cnc , drill press , thickness sander , table saw , planer , so it will be a squeeze getting a lathe in there but with some strategic planning I think I can make it all work . Looking forward to having some fun and learning a lot .

Herb

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

adirondak5

Thanks for the warm welcome folks ! flyitfast , as is the case with everything else my basement is not big enough , its crowded , but better than the shed :biggrin:

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Welcome from Texas, Herb.

Be sure to check out the Summer Extravaganza (SE) contests - there's still time to enter most of them, including Mind Bender #1.

Let me know if you have any questions about SE.

edicehouse

As a kid I grew up in the Adirondacks. I climbed Panther Mountain (Piseco Lake) hundreds of times. I really need to get back up there it has been 6 years or so since I have been.

TonyL

Welcome Herb from Alpharetta, GA! Originally from Queens and Port Washington/Sands Point, LI.

adirondak5

Again , thanks for the warm welcome everybody , for the ex - NY'ers , I've been up on Whiteface and Marcy , love it up in the Adirondaks , as for Long Island I'm out in Suffolk right about the middle , bout 50 miles to Montauk , bout 50 to the city line . My gear has been coming in in bits and pieces , the lathe should be here Monday , I've gotta get a stand built for it . I hope to start a thread showing everything getting setup/put together right up to the first turnings , just have to figure out which forum to put it in , also gotta pick up a decent tail drill chuck for the tail piece #2 MT , anybody have any recommendations that won't break the bank ? :)

adirondak5

Thanks again folks ! With this kind of welcome I feel right at home :)

Update on the lathe , its out for delivery , should be here anytime now :biggrin:

Top Bottom