New guy from Copperas Cove Texas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hello,

I found this site while searching for pen turning forums and it looked like a great place to get some knowledge and idea's. I can't say that I have a lot of experience I have only turned about 25 pens, but I am wanting to be a little more creative with my materials. So, I have been watching as many tutorials about making my own blanks, as well as learning about stabilizing, and using a pressure pot.. Any helpful hints or tips that anyone can give me would be great. If anyone knows of any workshops where I can learn more about pen making please feel free to share that as well.

Thank you,
Gabriel Rivera
Copperas Cove, Texas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Welcome from Wichita Falls but my hometown is Itasca. Check out Home which is the website for our woodturning symposium here in Texas. Waco is close to you if I recall. Although not a pen turning thing it is a woodturning meeting and there will be pen turning demos and a special pen turning meeting on Friday evening. There will be several IAP members there.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Welcome from down South in Alvin
You should definitely check out the SWAT conference that Don suggested. I think you would really enjoy it!

I want to thank everyone for the warm welcome and the heads up on the SWAT conference. I now have plans to attend the show and see what fun things I can pick up while I'm there. If anyone here is planning on attending the show, let me know I'll buy you a cup of coffee. Thanks for the welcome from across the pond over in Scotland Ligget, My great grandfather is from Banf Scotland so it's always nice to meet someone from Scotland.

hcpens

Welcome from San Antonio

Glade you stopped by, Gabriel. hope you will ask a lot of questions and read a lot. This group of guy's and gals along with youtube has provide me with much of my knowledge. Use the SEARCH button at the top of any screen to help you find a subject or just ask.

Welcome,

Richard

Top Bottom