New guy from Chicago

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

pipeyeti

I would like to introduce myself my name is Larry Faulkner. I am from the Chicago area and have just gotten into pen turning in the last month. Although I have been turning and working with both acrylics and wood for a while. I have a web site where I sell my pipe tampers that I make www.Tamperworks.com ,by the way there are no kits for tampers so I have to make all the parts. I also carve pipes and have been doing that for about 4 years. After reading a thread in the marketing area about things we don't share I decided it was time to finally join. I have been surfing the site almost daily for about 3 weeks and it has helped alot with tips and ideas. I just thought that if I was going to take that much info I should join and participate also.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

doddman70

Welcome Larry !!!! very nice looking tampers. i have been wanting to learn about pipe making but just havent had the time yet[:(] do you have any pics of your pipes?

Shane[:D]

SteveH

Larry

As a pipe smoker, I have been thinking about the making of turned tampers, I look forward to seeing your work and perhpas some tutorials?

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by SteveH
<br />Larry

As a pipe smoker, I have been thinking about the making of turned tampers, I look forward to seeing your work and perhpas some tutorials?

HORRORS!!! This is a PEN site - tutorial on PIPES - EGAD!!

From Ed (Author of tutorial on peppermills!)[:D][:D]

pipeyeti

Thanks for the welcome. I will see if I can post a couple of pics of my pipes. By the way all the pipe shaping and stem work is done by hand. I do not use pre molded stems.

200818184848_pipes.jpg
<br />

200818184916_pipes1.jpg
<br />

200818184935_pipes12.jpg
<br />

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Larry,

That's a finish ANY penmaker would drool over!!!! Obviously it has to be somewhat impervious to heat. Poly-something????

Beautiful and you are certainly welcome to tell me it's none of my "business". I'm OK with that!!![:D][:D][:D]

IPD_Mrs

Good to have you with us !!!

What part of Chicago are you close to? Family there for years. Don't get up that way much anymore but a great city!

Mrs. MLK
(Linda)

Kalai

Aloha Larry and welcome to IAP, I really like your website and the pipes and tampers you make, they are very nice, i alos like the metal work you do for the tampers, looks like you could make some of your own pen parts too.
If you ever need and high quality Hawaiian woods let me know. Aloha.

Chris
Kalai[:)]

PenWorks

Hi Larry, welcome. I made some tampers when I did the Phoenix smoke show put on by Pipemakers a couple of years ago. Sold some at the show, but haven't sold one since. Do you buy the stainless parts as a kit or turn them yourself. Mine just had a brass tamper on the end. I tried my hand at pipemaking, but could not make any money at it. Took me at least 9 hours if not more to make a pipe. Look forward to seeing you around/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom