New addition to the trade!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gareth

Hi guys and girls!

First of all Merry Christmas to you all and your families wherever in the world you are. Greetings from England.

I'm new to pen making having spent a couple of years stick making. I have always admired the handmade pens that I have seen in various locations and now want to try it for myself. I am a Veteran having retired from the British Army after participating in the First Gulf War. My thoughts go out to all those currently still battling! I have also recently retired from a career in the police particularly in forensic science. Whilst I still do a bit of teachine and consulting I'm looking for a quieter life and my Army Disability Pension helps when I have to buy all these "new toys" as my wife calls them. You have a great site here and I have already been in touch with various suppliers who have been great including Ernie at Bear Tooth Woods, Jennifer at Craft Supplies USA and Ron Caddy at Acorn Studios here in England. Thank you all.

I'm looking forward to my new hobby and I bet that I'll be asking for help some time soon!!!

Best wishes to all on this holiday season.

Gareth

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TAFFJ

Hi Gareth
Let me be the first too welcome you to a brilliant site. So much to see and learn. I am just up the road from you at Denmead,Hants. POMPEYITE(Derek) is in Portsmouth and Turning Circle(Ian) is in WINCHESTER. We are all avid pen turners.
Hope to be in touch in the NEW YEAR.
Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year to you and your family
From ex Matelot.
David

scotirish

WELCOME Gareth!
A merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours.
God Bless you for your service to your country. Now, welcome to the site where addiction is a good thing, when it is to making and having pens. The wealth in information is beyond comparison.
Once again WELCOME!

Gareth

Dear all,

Thank you so much for the very warm welcome. Its nice to be a part of a friendly forum and I for one appreciate it. Even from ex Matelots!!!!!! I hope I live up to your expectations. Hopefully I will learn a lot from you all. Its also my intention to come across to the States in 2008 for a couple of courses, so if anybody knows any "little" courses on pen turning that you would recommend, again, I would appreciate it. I'm happy to talk to you "off forum" if needs be.

Remember - don't spill the booze over the blanks as its no fun sucking a lump of wood - Merry Christmas!

Keep turning all!!!!!!!!!!!

Gareth

wlk

Welcome to the group. I've learned so much from the "brotherhood."
Turn the lathe off and enjoy a blessed celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ, the only Savior

Wade Kuhlewind
Connellsville, PA

But we will give ourselves to prayer and the ministry of the Word, Acts 6:4

karlkuehn

Banned
Hi and a big welcome to you! This site has changed my whole aspect on turning, and after browsing and joining many of the forums out there, this one has become my second home. There's so much knowledge in the archives, it's just amazing, even for a seasoned vet!

I think the secret is that there's enough of us wackos out here posting crazy ideas and alternative methods (most of the time based on innovation due to lack of resources or tools) that you're bound to find something that you'd never have thought of even on a good (or bad) day! I know I have!

drayman

welcome along gareth, its nice to see another ex squaddie on iap.happy new year from an ex coldstreamer.[:D][:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom