New and Addicted to Pen Turning

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

windspinshop

Hello Everyone,
My name is Bill from Farmington Hills, Michigan and I have fallen into the pleasure of pen turning. I have been turning for 3 weeks now and I can't stop...:D.

I run a small computer training and consulting services comapany. I gave up hunting, sold all my hunting stuff...and went all out to setup my workshop for pen turning.

I have found that one of the challenges was obtaining pen kit parts. I am in the process of becoming a pen kit distributor. I will be purchasing parts directly from the manufacturer and selling kits at very competitive prices with special discounts to our penturners members. And yes, I will sell individual packaged parts from kits. I will keep you posted on our progress.

I thank you all for sharing your knowledge and experiences. I have taken the advice of several of you and reasarched questions on our forums before asking. I have included photos of my first projects.

All except 1 was made using slimline kits. I have discovered turning my own center-band creates more flexibility. Also included are a few inlay attempts. I followed the instructions on the CA finish discussions and it works real nice. I wander how long the CA finish lasts?

2007111334428_Fan%20Display.jpg

20071113114712_Box%20Set.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cowchaser

Whoa, hold the horses. Now, I don't think anything is worth giving up my hunting equipment..wait, it's deer season and I haven't even been to the woods. Hmmm maybe I should sell mine also. Now if your interested in a set of golf clubs I'll sell you mine. I could always used more wood and hate the game anyways.

On a serious note welcome. I'm still trying to figure out things also, but having a great time doing it. Just don't tell my wife how much I have really spent.

Paul in OKC

Now how many people introduce themselves to a bunch of addicts like this, 'I have fallen into the pleasure of pen turning' Hah! I'll have to try that at the next meeting[:p] Welcome, it looks like you are off and running. Nice work.

Daniel

welcome, and as for the CA finish life. I have pens i use under rough conditions for the last five years. the finish is just fine, plating is another issue

windspinshop

Thanks Daniel,
It is nice to know that the extra effort pays off!

Originally posted by Daniel
<br />welcome, and as for the CA finish life. I have pens i use under rough conditions for the last five years. the finish is just fine, plating is another issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom