New 2 selling pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daddy1

I have been turning for about 1 year and have decided to try and sell. All suggestions and advice welcome. Assistance in pricing would be appreciated. I have tried other woodworking(intarsia) but had a hard time getting paid much over my material cost, if that. At this point, I have only slimline pens. Once I am up and running I will branch out to other styles.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jrc

Hi Kevin, I've been penturning for over 5 years and I turn what sells which is mainly 7mm pen kits. I get my slimlines and comfort kits from woodturningz, I do not use the rubber grip on the comfort pen so I call that a tapered pen and I get the streamline from Berea. So I have a small, med & larger pens. With all the different finishes you can have a very nice verity of pens. My 7mm pens pens sells in stories for $24 to $28 and some stories sell 10 to 20 a month. My record was 80 in the month of December.
Good luck

fernhills

Hi,k,,Been woodworking for 40 yrs as a hobby,have all tools to turn pens,tons of most domestic woods with some exotics stuffed in there,never turned pens before so i guess i want to learn how it is done and now that i am retired see if i can`t make a few $$$s,,beats working in a gas station or grocery store,,but not sure how to go about it yet,thats why i am here, Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom