My 1st posted pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

azimmer1

I am new here. Just started messing with a lathe and pens.I mostly build guitars, but I wanted to use up some of my scrap wood. Here is one of my 1st pens . An Emperor made from cocobolo and Lutz spruce. The spruce is used for the top of a guitar and the cocobolo is used for the sides and back. I used 2 layers of cocobolo with a middle layer of spruce. I then sliced it up before putting it over the tube. I think I will give to my Dad

Thanks for looking
Andy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

azimmer1

Thanks for all of your nice words
The finish is CA. I have a ton of CA for my guitar building and I was reading here about using it as a finish. Nice idea. I use CA to repair finishes on my guitars etc

Andy
La Jolla CA

TBone

I agree with Gary. I assume you're starting at the top and working down and getting worse???? Can't get a lot better than this one IMO.

Great job and Welcome

azimmer1

Bill
Here is my 10th Guitar

2007111171027_LOO6.jpg

azimmer1

Thanks all for the kind comments. This pen thing has gotten crazy. I had the pen at work and before I knew it I was having orders for Christmas presents.

Fred

If the pen is what you do with scraps in your 'spare' time we can't wait to see what you do on purpose.

I join the others and tell you that is a very, very nice pen and a beautiful guitar! Congratulations on a job well done! [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom