Kindling King

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Arlen

Greetings and salutations. While I've been actively involved in some form of woodworking for over 35 years my son and I started building guitars just over a year ago. It's very time and labor intensive and so we decided to try our hand at pen turning as a 'pressure valve'. In fourteen months we constructed five guitars - In our first day pen turning we finished five pens! And for less than the cost of a single set of guitar tuning machines! We're smiling again!:)

20084178545_DSC01721.jpg

Student model made for my nephew with wolf inlaid pickguard

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Welcome from Southwest Idaho (the warmer part). Glad to have you along for the ride!! Beautiful git-fiddle!! Wonder how many pen you could have made out of that neck blank? :D[}:)][:p]

randyrls

Originally posted by Arlen

years my son and I started building guitars just over a year ago. It's very time and labor intensive and so we decided to try our hand at pen turning as a 'pressure valve'. In fourteen months we constructed five guitars

Arlen; Have you ever looked at the Grizzly web site? I believe the owner makes guitars and he has photos of ones he has made.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Hi Arlen, welcome!!!!

I love your favourite quote in your profile. I think I'm one of the 'abusers'[:I]

Top Bottom