Just Starting in Indiana

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

greenacres2

Hello,
Been woodworking for a few years, mostly small furniture and enjoy making boxes. Unheated workshop in Northern IN--so not much gets done in the winter. Still working full-time, and also serve as a rescue worker at a few race tracks in the summer--so I lose most of the month of May to open wheel racing.

Picked up a Delta Mini last fall when Amazon dropped the price, tinkered a little before winter set in. When an online retailer had a sale on pen kits a few weeks ago, I bought in. WOW--great to be able to step out after a long day and accomplish something in an evening. Have finished 2 (pics later) and got the turning done on another last night, will assemble tonight for my boss' birthday on Friday.

Started with a set of Ron Brown's Best tools, am okay at sharpening. Then had John Austin (hanau on here) make up a set for me--really helped!!

Looking forward to learning, especially finishing!! Won't contribute much for the next month, but will be reading. Thanks in advance for all the coaching i'll receive!!
earl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Top Bottom