Just started the hobby

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Margieruth

I was introduced to woodturning by my older brother who died a few years ago. I want to make pens that I can give to my friends and relatives.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Welcome to the IAP. We are all here to help so don't be afraid to ask questions. Also, take some time to explore the IAP Library. There is a wealth of information about penturning in there.

wob50

Welcome from Louisiana
Hope you are not getting to much rain with this storm
Have a good day, try to make it great!!

jsolie

Welcome from Southern California! There is a wealth of information in both the forums and in the library for all things related to pen making. Sorry to hear about your brother.

builtbybill

GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!!!

Just kidding, welcome to the club. You will quickly find that this can become VERY addictive, and potentially expensive depending how far you want to go, but it is worth it to have a hobby that can be this rewarding. I do it pretty much for the same reasons you are looking to do it, friends and family mostly, with a sale mixed in here and there.

Spend a lot of time searching the forum and remember it NEVER hurts to ask. You will find a lot of people on this site that will bend over backwards to help you out when you need it.

Can't wait to see some pics of your first pens.

Bill

ChiTown56

We Share more than others Know

I was introduced to woodturning by my older brother who died a few years ago. I want to make pens that I can give to my friends and relatives.

Welcome from Albuquerque, New Mexioco! I am also a Newbie! But really love this hobbie! However, you and I share something......We, my wife, son and myself lost our youngest son 10 years ago! It still seems like yesterday, it hurts so badly.....I wish that my son would open up to me, but he won't, only you and he could possibly know the hurt that I cannot know! The hurt from losing one's brother......I feel as if I am getting stung twice, once for losing my youngest son and the second time in regards to my oldest son, who is 32 now, and won't talk about the loss of his little brother! May God be with you, my friend!

flyitfast

Welcome from San Antonio. This forum can be of immense help. Ask questions and spend time in the Library.
What part of the State do you live?
Enjoy!!
Gordon

Bill78

Hi - welcome from Jersey in the English Channel Isles!

I am a relative new comer to pen turning myself - and have found the IAP Library a great source of information, tips and advice. I also recommend Barry Gross's book "Pen Turners Workbook" - which you may find in a book library to borrow.

Hope you enjoy this great hobby!

Top Bottom