Just joined

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

dahelton

I have been turning nearly every thing for about 3 yrs. 6 yrs ago I had to go to a local chair shop to get a piece of round stock big enough to make a handle for a rocking horse I had made. The man I have come to know and love dearly as a true friend and man of God told me I didn't really have a woodshop if I didn't have a lathe. Three years later I finally got one, now I have, 5 two of which I bought from that man who by the way is considered a Master Woodturner and is a fifth generation chairmaker. I recently underwent major open brain surgery which left me with some deficits, but I am determined to continue with my passion. I do't remember if I joined IAP before or since surgery(memory loss) but anyway Thanks to lots of prayer... God bless you all. d.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Awoodfan

Welcome aboard from Michigan.

Ron

<b>Image Insert:</b><br />
20061152844_blk-wte%20revsquare.gif
<br /> [:)]

dahelton

Please allow me to take a moment to say thank you all for the warm welcome I have received. This is another incident of just how blessed I am and have been. I was having one of my "bad days", a weekly event since surgery, with head and body aches and severe depression. My wife is working and I'm watching my 2 yr old. Then I checked my email and there you all were. Thanks, I have since played with my son, cleaned house and did the laundry so my wife don't have to. Don't believe I would have done anything without some kind of inspiration. May God richly bless each of you and yours... d.

turningnut

Hello all...I just got registered to the forum and would like to thank all of you for all of the helpful information I have been reading over the past 3 weeks. I got bit VERY HARD by the pen turning bug and can't get enough of it. I still work a full day, and spend way too much time and money in my shop. I can say that the results of all of the information I've read and put to use making my creations have been a very important part of my learning process. Thanks to all for sharing all of your experiences, both successful and not so successful to the new people getting into the hobby-job-passion-confusion-joy-saddness, as I call it depending on what I happen to be doing at the moment in my shop.[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom