Just Another (Texas) Newbie

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

LEGB

Howdy all! Well I have been turning pens for about 2 months now and I have learned many things, most NOT about how to make a better pen... 1. It is possible to drain your savings account on small blocks of wood and pen kits. 2. A wife that once thought it was a great idea for you to make pens as a hobby can become wickedly bitter when you start referring to your lathe as "my precious". Anyway, thanks for the great forum and keep turning!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

turningnut

Hello from Weatherford...I feel your pain, same things happened to me and I'm sure most everybody on this site at one time or another. I can't wait til my wife finds out just HOW much I've spent in the past month or two, and I'm running out of hiding places....oh no!!!

winpooh498

Welcome to the addiction!
One suggestion is let your wife turn a pen (she might like it!), then you will get to buy more tools and other fun stuff too! [:D] My husband (doddman70) always says he is glad his wife turns, cause I don't argue about buying more tools and stuff! [:D]

Texatdurango

Welcome aboard. Wow, not only is Texas becoming well represented here, the metroplex and immediate area (Granbury, Weatherford, Azle, Arlington, Carrollton, etc.) is starting to fill up.

We ought to have a get together at one of the area parks one weekend when it starts cooling off.

its_virgil

Consider attending the next bubbasvile meting in Bedford on Sept 15. Check out the details at http://www.bubbasville.com
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by Texatdurango
<br />Welcome aboard. Wow, not only is Texas becoming well represented here, the metroplex and immediate area (Granbury, Weatherford, Azle, Arlington, Carrollton, etc.) is starting to fill up.

We ought to have a get together at one of the area parks one weekend when it starts cooling off.

LEGB

Thank you all for the warm welcome, this is a great community and I so much appreciate all the helpful advice for us newbies. I will hopefully post some "scratch work" if I turn some that I am not ashamed off soon. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom