I've done it now!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Djculver

Hi all! I was advised to introduce myself..well, here I am! New to turning as part of my woodworking repertoire. I'm all over the place when it comes to any style or things I want to make. If it appeals to me, I'm game to try almost anything. My first project was a full size 8 player octagon poker table. It cost me over $1000.00 to build, 3 months and a lot of mistakes but the end result was a beautiful table ....that I have yet to host a game on. I 'turned' to pen turning because...I have no idea why really. I love the simplicity of the mechanism, the beauty of the barrel, the shine of the finish and the variety of the styles. I can make my own blanks from wood OR cast them with resin The possibilities are endless.......here we go!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Djculver

Going to take a little getting used to where things are in this forum. I typed in "Other things we make" and was directed elsewhere. I was going to show my poker table ut ....another day. Thanks for the welcome!

Jim Smith

Welcome from GA. Hopefully you'll be able to complete your first pen for a little less than your first poker table.

Take care and feel free to jump in with any questions you might have.

Jim Smith

randyrls

Welcome! Do you have photos of the poker table? We'd love to see it.

My favorite things about pen making is you have a functional, useful item at the end and it only takes a few hours to create. BUT, it takes years to master as it does anything.

The Library and Wiki contain a wealth of good information. Click on the links at the top of the page.

Top Bottom